Relax! That Hitler Guy, It's Just An Act
Add Reply
Bradley K. Sherman
2024-10-14 12:15:54 UTC

<https://www.nytimes.com/2024/10/14/us/elections/trump-promises-extreme-rhetoric.html>

--bks
Trock
2024-10-14 12:37:22 UTC
Post by Bradley K. Sherman
| The Trump Voters Who Don't Believe Trump
|
| When the former president endorses violence and proposes
| using the government to attack his enemies, many of his
| supporters assume it's just an act.
<https://www.nytimes.com/2024/10/14/us/elections/trump-promises-extreme-rh
etoric.html>
--bks
Most of them cheer Trump on because like him, they're traitors who hate
American values and the USA.
super70s
2024-10-14 13:16:49 UTC
Post by Trock
Post by Bradley K. Sherman
| The Trump Voters Who Don't Believe Trump
|
| When the former president endorses violence and proposes
| using the government to attack his enemies, many of his
| supporters assume it's just an act.
<https://www.nytimes.com/2024/10/14/us/elections/trump-promises-extreme-rh
etoric.html>
--bks
Most of them cheer Trump on because like him, they're traitors who hate
American values and the USA.
Trump is the symptom, Republicans are the disease. He'd be making a
living selling his ghostwritten memoir right now if they didn't keep
propping him up.

It took 40 years to devolve to this state but the Republican party is
damaged beyond repair, they need to go the way of the Whigs and
hopefully have a more rational and less cynical one rise up in its
place.

Actually four or five parties who can draw support equally would be
best, this two-party system with all the gerrymandering and
unrestrained dark money (thank you equally corrupt SCOTUS) going on is
killing us.
Mitchell Holman
2024-10-14 14:02:34 UTC
Post by super70s
Post by Trock
Post by Bradley K. Sherman
| The Trump Voters Who Don't Believe Trump
|
| When the former president endorses violence and proposes
| using the government to attack his enemies, many of his
| supporters assume it's just an act.
<https://www.nytimes.com/2024/10/14/us/elections/trump-promises-extre
me-rh etoric.html>
--bks
Most of them cheer Trump on because like him, they're traitors who
hate American values and the USA.
Trump is the symptom, Republicans are the disease. He'd be making a
living selling his ghostwritten memoir right now if they didn't keep
propping him up.
The worst part of Trumpism is not Trump,
it is the underlying torrent of hatred in
Americans that he has legitimized. He could
go on a rant about Jews and blacks and Catholics
(like the old American Party) and not lose a
single voter. We have a ugly past, and far from
overcoming it he is exploiting it.

Lincoln appealed to the "better angels
of our mercy", Trump appeals to the Dark Side
Of The Force.
Post by super70s
It took 40 years to devolve to this state but the Republican party is
damaged beyond repair, they need to go the way of the Whigs and
hopefully have a more rational and less cynical one rise up in its
place.
The GOP may never recover from Trump. With
his family running the GOP and all Republicans
groveling to him there is much room for a
legitimate conservative party to form in the
wake of his damage.
Chris Ahlstrom
2024-10-14 15:27:57 UTC
Post by super70s
Post by Trock
Post by Bradley K. Sherman
| The Trump Voters Who Don't Believe Trump
|
| When the former president endorses violence and proposes
| using the government to attack his enemies, many of his
| supporters assume it's just an act.
<https://www.nytimes.com/2024/10/14/us/elections/trump-promises-extreme-rh
etoric.html>
Most of them cheer Trump on because like him, they're traitors who hate
American values and the USA.
Trump is the symptom, Republicans are the disease. He'd be making a
living selling his ghostwritten memoir right now if they didn't keep
propping him up.
It took 40 years to devolve to this state but the Republican party is
damaged beyond repair, they need to go the way of the Whigs and
hopefully have a more rational and less cynical one rise up in its
place.
Unfortunately the rest of us are collateral damage. :-(
Post by super70s
Actually four or five parties who can draw support equally would be
best, this two-party system with all the gerrymandering and
unrestrained dark money (thank you equally corrupt SCOTUS) going on is
killing us.
From three of the SCOTUS who said Roe v Wade was "settled law".
--
Murphy's Law, that brash proletarian restatement of Godel's Theorem.
-- Thomas Pynchon, "Gravity's Rainbow"
Skeeter
2024-10-14 16:23:55 UTC
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by super70s
Post by Trock
Post by Bradley K. Sherman
| The Trump Voters Who Don't Believe Trump
|
| When the former president endorses violence and proposes
| using the government to attack his enemies, many of his
| supporters assume it's just an act.
<https://www.nytimes.com/2024/10/14/us/elections/trump-promises-extreme-rh
etoric.html>
Most of them cheer Trump on because like him, they're traitors who hate
American values and the USA.
Trump is the symptom, Republicans are the disease. He'd be making a
living selling his ghostwritten memoir right now if they didn't keep
propping him up.
It took 40 years to devolve to this state but the Republican party is
damaged beyond repair, they need to go the way of the Whigs and
hopefully have a more rational and less cynical one rise up in its
place.
Unfortunately the rest of us are collateral damage. :-(
Aw, do you feel damaged?
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by super70s
Actually four or five parties who can draw support equally would be
best, this two-party system with all the gerrymandering and
unrestrained dark money (thank you equally corrupt SCOTUS) going on is
killing us.
From three of the SCOTUS who said Roe v Wade was "settled law".
Cry a river.
AlleyCat
2024-10-14 19:18:19 UTC
Post by Trock
Post by Bradley K. Sherman
| The Trump Voters Who Don't Believe Trump
|
| When the former president endorses violence and proposes
| using the government to attack his enemies, many of his
| supporters assume it's just an act.
<https://www.nytimes.com/2024/10/14/us/elections/trump-promises-extreme-rh
etoric.html>
--bks
Most of them cheer Trump on because like him, they're traitors who hate
American values and the USA.
That is *exactly* right. There have always been reactionary knuckle-dragging
degenerates like Trumpswabs in the country — always. They despise tolerance,
fair play, decency and the rule of law. The country has always been plagued with
this type of miscreant.
Chris Ahlstrom
2024-10-14 19:40:44 UTC
Post by AlleyCat
Post by Trock
Post by Bradley K. Sherman
| The Trump Voters Who Don't Believe Trump
|
| When the former president endorses violence and proposes
| using the government to attack his enemies, many of his
| supporters assume it's just an act.
<https://www.nytimes.com/2024/10/14/us/elections/trump-promises-extreme-rh
etoric.html>
--bks
Most of them cheer Trump on because like him, they're traitors who hate
American values and the USA.
That is *exactly* right. There have always been reactionary knuckle-dragging
degenerates like Trumpswabs in the country — always. They despise tolerance,
fair play, decency and the rule of law. The country has always been plagued
with this type of miscreant.
And Trump kicked away the solid wood, revealing the dead wood,
and let them loose.

And, sadly, they comprise roughly half the voters. Putin is smirking.

https://bigthink.com/the-present/yuri-bezmenov/

“As I mentioned before, exposure to true information does not matter
anymore,” said Bezmenov. “A person who was demoralized is unable to
assess true information. The facts tell nothing to him. Even if I shower
him with information, with authentic proof, with documents, with
pictures; even if I take him by force to the Soviet Union and show him
[a] concentration camp, he will refuse to believe it, until he
[receives] a kick in his fan-bottom. When a military boot crashes his
balls then he will understand. But not before that. That’s the [tragedy]
of the situation of demoralization.”

It’s hard not to see in that the state of many modern Americans. We
have become a society of polarized tribes, with some people flat out
rejecting facts in favor of narratives and opinions.
--
Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would
say that it had merely been detected.
-- Oscar Wilde
Black Crime Stories
2024-10-15 21:50:08 UTC
Darren Wright(SCSO)

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WMC) - A man is accused of breaking into multiple bars in Downtown Memphis and stealing liquor.

Darren Wright, 39, is charged with burglary and theft of property $2,500 - $10,000.

Memphis Police were called to a burglary at the Memphis Chess Club on Madison Avenue on September 20, October 1, and October 8.

Surveillance video showed a man breaking into the front door of the business and stealing liquor bottles in all three burglaries.

On October 11, Wright is accused of breaking into and stealing liquor from King’s Palace Cafe and Blues Hall on Beale Street.

According to MPD, Wright stole a total of $2,800 worth of liquor over three weeks.

https://www.actionnews5.com/2024/10/15/man-steals-nearly-3k-worth-liquor-multiple-downtown-memphis-bars-said-police/
Black Crime Stories
2024-10-15 23:19:11 UTC
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WMC) - A Memphis woman is facing six counts of attempted murder after she allegedly committed a drive-by shooting following a fight with another woman.

Khadijah Morrow, 30, is charged with six counts of attempted second-degree murder, employing a firearm in the commission of a dangerous felony, being a convicted felon in possession of a handgun, and five counts of reckless endangerment.

Khadijah Morrow, 30(Shelby County Sheriff's Office)

According to the arrest affidavit, the shooting stemmed from a fight between Morrow and another woman at a home on Yale Avenue in Binghampton on Friday, October 4.

Morrow allegedly hit the woman in the head with a brick and left promising to “kill everyone at the house.”

She drove off in a black Ford Fusion and returned about thirty minutes later to fire several shots at people standing outside the home before speeding off.

Multiple rounds hit the house, but no one was injured.

Multiple witnesses identified Morrow as the shooter to police. She was officially booked on Monday.

Court records show Morrow was sentenced to three years in local confinement after being convicted of felony property theft in 2012.

No bond information is available at this time. Morrow is set to appear in court on Tuesday.

https://www.actionnews5.com/2024/10/14/memphis-woman-facing-6-counts-attempted-murder-after-drive-by-shooting/
Black Crime Stories
2024-10-15 23:21:16 UTC
Timothy Woods (left) and Roderic Crymes (right)(MPD)

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WMC) - Two men are arrested after leading police on a chase in a stolen car.

Timothy Woods is charged with theft of property, two counts of burglary, theft of property, evading arrest, aggravated assault and possession of controlled substance.

Roderic Crymes’ charges aren’t available at this time.

On Friday, Oct. 11, just before 1:30 p.m., Memphis police saw a white 2017 Nissan Maxima on North Germantown Parkway near I-40 that was responsible for a prowler at 1:20 p.m. at Kohl’s on 2335 Germantown Parkway.

The suspects burglarized a blue pickup truck in the area, according to police.

Officers attempted to stop the car and the driver of the Nissan refused to stop.

The Nissan was then found parked on the Red Roof Inn parking lot at 6055 Shelby Oaks Drive where suspects, Woods and Crymes got out of the vehicle and ran away, police say.

Police say Crymes was caught but Woods hid in the woods and waited for several officers to run past him.

Woods then got into the driver’s side of an uncovered officer’s 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 and drove away from the scene, according to police.

Officers pursued the Dodge Ram. One officer attempted to throw stop sticks but Woods tried to hit the officer with the stolen car, according to the affidavit.

Woods finally stopped the car on Primacy Parkway where he tried getting inside the passenger seat of a black Tahoe driven by a man who was later identified as Ladreylus Patterson.

Woods and Patterson were both taken into custody.

The Nissan Maxima was reported stolen on Tuesday, Oct. 8 out of the South Garage at the University of Memphis.

Crymes is held on a bond of $1,175,000 and Woods is held on a bond of $200,000.

They are both expected in court on Oct. 15.

https://www.actionnews5.com/2024/10/15/2-men-arrested-after-leading-police-chase-stolen-car/
Mitchell Holman
2024-10-14 13:42:21 UTC
Post by Bradley K. Sherman

| The Trump Voters Who Don't Believe Trump
|
| When the former president endorses violence and proposes
| using the government to attack his enemies, many of his
| supporters assume it's just an act.
<https://www.nytimes.com/2024/10/14/us/elections/trump-promises-extreme
-rhetoric.html>
--bks
Conservatives: Trump said it, he means it.

Also Conservatives: Trump was just kidding,
he doesn't really mean it, you just don't
get his sense of humor.