Democrats have a man problem, and belittling them is only making it worse
Add Reply
Myles
2024-10-16 19:59:51 UTC
Late last week an inconvenient truth for Kamala Harris’ campaign, and the
left as a whole, emerged: They have a man problem.

Dudes just aren’t into her. And the current veep is losing ground with
black male voters — as Trump is increasingly attracting demographics that
traditionally leaned Democrat.

According to the New York Times Sienna polls, Trump has an 11-point lead
over Harris among men.

And with three weeks to go before election day, the campaign and its
surrogates have launched a Hail Mary or an “Our Father” to appeal to the
not-so-fairer sex.

Incredibly, their strategy to sway men to a feckless presidential
candidate is to belittle them, call them misogynists and reduce them to
Carhartt caricatures.

It was like they saw the damage of JD Vance’s haunting “childless cat
lady” comment from 2021 and said, hold my Bud Light.

On Thursday, Barack Obama scolded a group of black men in Pittsburgh over
their lack of “energy” for Harris.

“I’ve got a problem with that because — because part of it makes me think,
and I’m speaking to men directly now, part of it makes me think that,
well, you just aren’t feeling the idea of having a woman as president,” he
said.

Unsurprisingly, it caused quite a bit of backlash. Though I can’t imagine
“The View” host Sunny Hostin smoothed things over on Monday, saying,
“We’ve got to reach those ridiculous, crazy black men that did vote for
Trump.”

Nice.

Over the weekend Tim Walz went pheasant hunting which led to unfortunate
comparisons of Elmer Fudd and accusations of LARPing.

And this push was not without amusement — not intentionally. On Friday
morning, the hilarious “Man Enough” commercial dropped online. While not
an official Harris/Walz ad it was created by a collective of creatives
trying to elect them.

The ad features various male actors butched-up in flannels, jeans and gym
clothes with one even propped up in the back of a pickup truck looking
more dainty and demure than blue collar gritty. The actors all took turns
bragging about their stereotypical bro bona fides.

They were man enough to cook steak rare, drink double barrel bourbon and
fix carburetors.

One actor declared that he was “man enough to deadlift 500[lbs] and braid
the s–t out of my daughter’s hair.”

The point? They were also man enough to support a woman for president.

“I love women. And I’m man enough to help them win,” one proclaimed.

It was so cringe inducing, and pandering, that I was curious if the
director, a man by the name of Jacob Reed, had actually ever met a dude in
the wild, one who didn’t carry an NPR tote.

While it all seemed to crescendo last week, this dude disconnect didn’t
just fall out of a coconut tree.

For the better part of the last decade, the left and all of the cultural
institutions it controls, has been sweeping men aside, pushing the idea
that traditional masculinity is toxic with mottos like “men are trash and
“the future is female” (All while also unable to define a woman).

Men have been falling behind in education and wages. The Harris campaign’s
solution was to go all in on abortion and assume she could girl boss their
way through the campaign.

To appeal to men, they chose Walz, who was touted as all guns, football
and military service but without the baggage of a knuckle dragging
Neanderthal. He was a feminist. He has also turned out to be a serial
fabulist.

They gave us “wife guy” Doug Emhoff, who, as Jen Psaki said, “reshaped the
perception of masculinity.” This despite knocking up his nanny and
allegedly slapping a girlfriend, a claim his camp has denied.

These city slickers have also attempted to reclaim the camo hat to cosplay
as a rural red blooded Americans.

They shored up their male support by creating segregated zoom calls like
“White Dudes for Harris ” where celebs like Jeff Bridges and Mark Ruffalo
came together to revel in how great it would be to elect a woman. On that
call, singer Josh Groban talked about his white male privilege.

It was elites touting their glorious identity politics, offering nothing
to men all over this country struggling to put food on their tables and
support their families. (Though the Republicans, it must be noted, are
struggling to form a cohesive message in a post Roe era).

The problem is that society stopped listening to men and their concerns.
They were told to fit into a neat subservient box so that women can lead.
Then they were called mansplainers.

The left acted like they needed to be re-educated and rebranded, not
engaged.

And it might just cost them the election.

https://nypost.com/2024/10/15/opinion/kamala-has-a-man-problem-and-
belittling-men-is-making-it-worse/
P. Coonan
2024-10-17 19:52:22 UTC
Post by Myles
[...]
Still waiting for a Democrat, any Democrat, to definitively state the
difference between a male and female. Obviously their education is
lacking.