Deteriorating Trump Won't Even Debate On Fox
Add Reply
Bradley K. Sherman
2024-10-10 10:57:52 UTC

| Donald Trump is making it clear: He doesn't want a second
| debate, regardless of which network is hosting.
| His refusal to debate, even on the friendly territory of
| Fox News, suggests he is unwilling to risk the
| unpredictability of a head-to-head contest with the vice
| president in the final weeks of the campaign. Harris has
| said she's open to another matchup.
<https://www.politico.com/news/2024/10/09/trump-harris-debate-no-rematch-00183179>

--bks

He's too old and too feeble.
Craig
2024-10-10 13:55:58 UTC
Post by Bradley K. Sherman

| Donald Trump is making it clear: He doesn't want a second
| debate, regardless of which network is hosting.
| His refusal to debate, even on the friendly territory of
| Fox News, suggests he is unwilling to risk the
| unpredictability of a head-to-head contest with the vice
| president in the final weeks of the campaign. Harris has
| said she's open to another matchup.
<https://www.politico.com/news/2024/10/09/trump-harris-debate-no-rematch-0
0183179>
--bks
He's too old and too feeble.
Sad to see the poor cocksucker slipping into dementia before our very eyes.

Sad sadly.
NoBody
2024-10-11 10:52:16 UTC

Enough about Bradely what about Trump?
Governor Swill
2024-10-13 12:11:47 UTC
Post by Craig
Post by Bradley K. Sherman

| Donald Trump is making it clear: He doesn't want a second
| debate, regardless of which network is hosting.
| His refusal to debate, even on the friendly territory of
| Fox News, suggests he is unwilling to risk the
| unpredictability of a head-to-head contest with the vice
| president in the final weeks of the campaign. Harris has
| said she's open to another matchup.
<https://www.politico.com/news/2024/10/09/trump-harris-debate-no-rematch-0
0183179>
--bks
He's too old and too feeble.
Sad to see the poor cocksucker slipping into dementia before our very eyes.
Sad sadly.
Not really. Who could be sad about a Russian agent slipping ever deeper into
incompetence?
--
Two more reasons to not vote for Trump in 26 days.

40) Knowing the crowd had deadly weapons, he ordered them
to go to the Capitol and "Fight like hell!"

41) Trump betrayed his oath to defend the nation by doing nothing
to stop the January 6th violence. Instead, according to witness
testimony, he sat and watched TV for hours!
Lil dwarf Rudey
2024-10-15 15:28:43 UTC
Post by Governor Swill
slipping ever deeper into
incompetence?
Read it again, scumbag little man Jonathan D Ball...you are no more than
a failed solar city installer and Suckramento bungalow trash pretending
to be Phil Hendrie, but giving blow jobs at the TA glory Hole.

Explain why are you death threat prosecution exempt by the Feds so far?

And after _so many_ public death threats you issued on Trump and Vance...

Let's do our best to change that, shall we:

Governor Swill /Rudy Canoza/Lou Bricano/J Carlson/Michael A
Terrell/Chris Ahlstrom/Intelligent Party/Alan Bond/Henry Bodkin/Malte
Runz and a few dozen other socks wrote:

Multiple death threats against Trump:

From: Governor Swill <***@gmail.com>
Newsgroups:
talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,alt.politics.usa,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.elections
Subject: Re: Triumphant Trump Photo After Assassination Attempt
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2024 10:38:43 -0400

Oh poor me I got shot at ...

Swill

From: Governor Swill <***@gmail.com>
Newsgroups:
talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,alt.politics.usa,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.elections
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2024 10:37:51 -0400

Cheer up, maybe someone else will try.

Swill

From: J Carlson <***@gmx.com>
Newsgroups:
alt.politics.immigration,alt.politics.nationalism.white,talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Subject: Re: AP Lies by Ommission About Identity of Invaders Charged with
Rape, Murder of 12-Year-Old
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2024 12:35:52 -0700
alt.politics.nationalism.white:10913 talk.politics.misc:1295918
alt.fan.rush-limbaugh:3024985
Post by Governor Swill
No. I am a patriotic American who wants the country and its people to
thrive. Getting rid of Trump permanently
Post by Governor Swill
is an important step to getting there.

That constitutes a DEATH THREAT against a former President, Rudey:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/871
18 U.S. Code § 871 - Threats against President and successors to the
Presidency
U.S. Code
Notes
prev | next
(a)Whoever knowingly and willfully deposits for conveyance in the mail
or for a delivery from any post office or by any letter carrier any
letter, paper, writing, print, missive, or document containing any
threat to take the life of, to kidnap, or to inflict bodily harm upon
the President of the United States, the President-elect, the Vice
President or other officer next in the order of succession to the office
of President of the United States, or the Vice President-elect, or
knowingly and willfully otherwise makes any such threat against the
President, President-elect, Vice President or other officer next in the
order of succession to the office of President, or Vice President-elect,
shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years,
or both.
(b)The terms “President-elect” and “Vice President-elect” as used in
this section shall mean such persons as are the apparent successful
candidates for the offices of President and Vice President,
respectively, as ascertained from the results of the general elections
held to determine the electors of President and Vice President in
accordance with title 3, United States Code, sections 1 and 2. The
phrase “other officer next in the order of succession to the office of
President” as used in this section shall mean the person next in the
order of succession to act as President in accordance with title 3,
United States Code, sections 19 and 20.
(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 740; June 1, 1955, ch. 115, § 1, 69
Stat. 80; Pub. L. 87–829, § 1, Oct. 15, 1962, 76 Stat. 956; Pub. L.
97–297, § 2, Oct. 12, 1982, 96 Stat. 1318; Pub. L. 103–322, title
XXXIII, § 330016(1)(H), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2147.)

9-65.200 - Threats Against the President and Successors to the
Presidency; Threats Against Former Presidents; and Certain Other Secret
Service Protectees
The Counterterrorism Section of the National Security Division has
supervisory authority over 18 U.S.C. §§ 871 and 879 cases. As great
caution must be taken in matters relating to the security of the persons
protected by 18 U.S.C. § 871, United States Attorneys are encouraged to
consult with the Counterterrorism Section (CTS) of the National Security
Division when they have doubts on the prosecutive merit of a case. For
the same reason, dismissal of complaints under 18 U.S.C. § 871, when the
defendant is in custody under the Mental Incompetency Statutes (18
U.S.C. §§ 4244, 4246), requires approval from CTS. In other cases,
United States Attorneys must consult prior to dismissing a count
involving, or entering into any sentence commitment or other case
settlement involving a § 871 charge.

https://www.secretservice.gov/newsroom/releases/2024/01/phoenix-man-arrested-making-online-death-threats-against-president-and

PHOENIX –David Michael Hanson, 41, of Phoenix, was arrested on Wednesday
for making online threats against the President and Vice-President.
Hanson was charged by Federal criminal complaint on Tuesday with five
counts of Threats Against the President and Successors to the Presidency
and five counts of Interstate Communication of Threats.

The complaint alleges that in November and December of 2023, while
living in Arizona, Hanson used a social media platform to post threats
to murder the President and Vice President of the United States. On
November 19, 2023, Hanson posted online a series of threatening
statements including one that stated, “#joeAndKamala I’m asking you to
resign on Monday your alternative is death brutally murdered.” After the
U.S. Secret Service spoke to Hanson and warned him that it was a Federal
crime to post such threats, on December 23, 2023, Hanson posted another
series of similar threats aimed at the President and Vice-President.

Each count of Threats Against the President and Successors to the
Presidency carries a maximum sentence of five years in prison, a fine of
up to $250,000, and up to three years of supervised release. Each count
of Interstate Communication of Threats carries a maximum sentence of
five years in prison, a fine of up to $250,000, and up to three years of
supervised release.

A complaint is simply a method by which a person is charged with
criminal activity and raises no inference of guilt. An individual is
presumed innocent until evidence is presented to a jury that establishes
guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

The United States Secret Service is conducting the investigation in this
case. The United States Attorney’s Office, District of Arizona, is
handling the prosecution.

Those can be reported here:

https://tips.fbi.gov/home

https://www.justice.gov/action-center/report-crime-or-submit-complaint

https://www.secretservice.gov/contact

https://www.dhs.gov/see-something-say-something/reporting/california

Fellow citizens, won't you join in ending Rudey's usenet terrorism here?

Grace
2024-10-10 14:20:16 UTC
Post by Bradley K. Sherman

| Donald Trump is making it clear: He doesn't want a second
| debate, regardless of which network is hosting.
| His refusal to debate, even on the friendly territory of
| Fox News, suggests he is unwilling to risk the
| unpredictability of a head-to-head contest with the vice
| president in the final weeks of the campaign. Harris has
| said she's open to another matchup.
<https://www.politico.com/news/2024/10/09/trump-harris-debate-no-rematch-0
0183179>
--bks
He's too old and too feeble.
RFK Jr. says all those vaccinations have caught up with Trump and turned his
brain into soup.
Ken
2024-10-10 15:17:01 UTC
Post by Bradley K. Sherman

| Donald Trump is making it clear: He doesn't want a second
| debate, regardless of which network is hosting.
| His refusal to debate, even on the friendly territory of
| Fox News, suggests he is unwilling to risk the
| unpredictability of a head-to-head contest with the vice
| president in the final weeks of the campaign. Harris has
| said she's open to another matchup.
<https://www.politico.com/news/2024/10/09/trump-harris-debate-no-rematch-00183179>
--bks
He's too old and too feeble.
I don't blame him for not debating. Kamala is dumb as a rock. Even a
staged interview does nothing for her.
Grimble Crumble
2024-10-11 00:09:01 UTC
Post by Ken
Post by Bradley K. Sherman

| Donald Trump is making it clear: He doesn't want a second
| debate, regardless of which network is hosting.
| His refusal to debate, even on the friendly territory of
| Fox News, suggests he is unwilling to risk the
| unpredictability of a head-to-head contest with the vice
| president in the final weeks of the campaign. Harris has
| said she's open to another matchup.
<https://www.politico.com/news/2024/10/09/trump-harris-debate-no-rematch-00183179>
--bks
He's too old and too feeble.
I don't blame him for not debating. Kamala is dumb as a rock. Even a
staged interview does nothing for her.
If that were true, wouldn't that make a debate better for Trump? Would it
not be in his intrest?
--
"Do not come; do not come"
"I'm gonna come!"
https://youtube.com/shorts/oC8wQAscVKY?si=EUAnZarWPttn7XSd
Governor Swill
2024-10-13 12:13:50 UTC
On Thu, 10 Oct 2024 19:09:01 -0500, Grimble Crumble
Post by Grimble Crumble
Post by Ken
Post by Bradley K. Sherman

| Donald Trump is making it clear: He doesn't want a second
| debate, regardless of which network is hosting.
| His refusal to debate, even on the friendly territory of
| Fox News, suggests he is unwilling to risk the
| unpredictability of a head-to-head contest with the vice
| president in the final weeks of the campaign. Harris has
| said she's open to another matchup.
<https://www.politico.com/news/2024/10/09/trump-harris-debate-no-rematch-00183179>
--bks
He's too old and too feeble.
I don't blame him for not debating. Kamala is dumb as a rock. Even a
staged interview does nothing for her.
If that were true, wouldn't that make a debate better for Trump? Would it
not be in his intrest?
It would be if it were true, but it's not. Slow as she is, Harris is too sharp
for Trump.

pothead
2024-10-11 14:12:33 UTC
Post by Ken
Post by Bradley K. Sherman

| Donald Trump is making it clear: He doesn't want a second
| debate, regardless of which network is hosting.
| His refusal to debate, even on the friendly territory of
| Fox News, suggests he is unwilling to risk the
| unpredictability of a head-to-head contest with the vice
| president in the final weeks of the campaign. Harris has
| said she's open to another matchup.
<https://www.politico.com/news/2024/10/09/trump-harris-debate-no-rematch-00183179>
--bks
He's too old and too feeble.
I don't blame him for not debating. Kamala is dumb as a rock. Even a
staged interview does nothing for her.
It's debate strategy.
Trump has no reason to debate.
Kamala has dozens starting what is her policy on "xxyyzz" is because people
have no idea.
--
pothead
Kamala Harris Word Salad Special Of The Day
Served Complete With Venn Diagram Dressing
Governor Swill
2024-10-13 12:12:37 UTC
Post by Ken
Post by Bradley K. Sherman

| Donald Trump is making it clear: He doesn't want a second
| debate, regardless of which network is hosting.
| His refusal to debate, even on the friendly territory of
| Fox News, suggests he is unwilling to risk the
| unpredictability of a head-to-head contest with the vice
| president in the final weeks of the campaign. Harris has
| said she's open to another matchup.
<https://www.politico.com/news/2024/10/09/trump-harris-debate-no-rematch-00183179>
--bks
He's too old and too feeble.
I don't blame him for not debating. Kamala is dumb as a rock. Even a
staged interview does nothing for her.
If he's afraid to debate a rock, what does that say about *him*?

NoBody
2024-10-11 10:51:35 UTC
Post by Bradley K. Sherman

| Donald Trump is making it clear: He doesn't want a second
| debate, regardless of which network is hosting.
| His refusal to debate, even on the friendly territory of
| Fox News, suggests he is unwilling to risk the
| unpredictability of a head-to-head contest with the vice
| president in the final weeks of the campaign. Harris has
| said she's open to another matchup.
<https://www.politico.com/news/2024/10/09/trump-harris-debate-no-rematch-00183179>
--bks
He's too old and too feeble.
That would THIRD debate.
Kamela had her opportunity to accept a debate on Fox the first time
and refused.

Did Kamela accept the invitation for this debate? The answer is no.

Your hypocrisy is showing.
pothead
2024-10-11 14:13:27 UTC
Post by NoBody
Post by Bradley K. Sherman

| Donald Trump is making it clear: He doesn't want a second
| debate, regardless of which network is hosting.
| His refusal to debate, even on the friendly territory of
| Fox News, suggests he is unwilling to risk the
| unpredictability of a head-to-head contest with the vice
| president in the final weeks of the campaign. Harris has
| said she's open to another matchup.
<https://www.politico.com/news/2024/10/09/trump-harris-debate-no-rematch-00183179>
--bks
He's too old and too feeble.
That would THIRD debate.
Kamela had her opportunity to accept a debate on Fox the first time
and refused.
Correct.
Post by NoBody
Did Kamela accept the invitation for this debate? The answer is no.
Your hypocrisy is showing.
Libbys tend to be like that.
Byker
2024-10-11 15:13:33 UTC

With good reason, because Trump had *already* agreed to a debate on ABC.
Siri Cruise
2024-10-11 15:16:53 UTC
Post by Byker
Post by NoBody
That would THIRD debate.
Kamela had her opportunity to accept a debate on Fox the first time
and refused.
With good reason, because Trump had *already* agreed to a debate on ABC.
But did not ABC pay 700 million for lying?
--
Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. @
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
of Discordian Mysteries. This post insults Islam. Mohamed
Skeeter
2024-10-11 15:32:02 UTC
In article <wgbOO.216219$***@fx16.iad>, ***@do~rag.net
says...
Post by Byker
Post by NoBody
Post by Bradley K. Sherman

| Donald Trump is making it clear: He doesn't want a second
| debate, regardless of which network is hosting.
| His refusal to debate, even on the friendly territory of
| Fox News, suggests he is unwilling to risk the
| unpredictability of a head-to-head contest with the vice
| president in the final weeks of the campaign. Harris has
| said she's open to another matchup.
<https://www.politico.com/news/2024/10/09/trump-harris-debate-no-rematch-00183179>
--bks
He's too old and too feeble.
That would THIRD debate.
Kamela had her opportunity to accept a debate on Fox the first time
and refused.
With good reason, because Trump had *already* agreed to a debate on ABC.
So she did it because Trump did?

IKYABWAI
Byker
2024-10-11 15:47:09 UTC
Post by Skeeter
says...
Post by Byker
Post by NoBody
Post by Bradley K. Sherman

| Donald Trump is making it clear: He doesn't want a second
| debate, regardless of which network is hosting.
| His refusal to debate, even on the friendly territory of
| Fox News, suggests he is unwilling to risk the
| unpredictability of a head-to-head contest with the vice
| president in the final weeks of the campaign. Harris has
| said she's open to another matchup.
<https://www.politico.com/news/2024/10/09/trump-harris-debate-no-rematch-00183179>
--bks
He's too old and too feeble.
That would THIRD debate.
Kamela had her opportunity to accept a debate on Fox the first time
and refused.
With good reason, because Trump had *already* agreed to a debate on ABC.
So she did it because Trump did?
She did it because that's what the agreement specified. Why did Trump want to
chickenshit out of it? Why did he chickenshit out of his interview on "60
Minutes"? Why does Trump *always* chickenshit his way through life?
Skeeter
2024-10-11 17:29:04 UTC
In article <1MbOO.132772$***@fx10.iad>, ***@do~rag.net
says...
Post by Byker
Post by Skeeter
says...

Says the guy who supports flip flop Camiltoe.
Governor Swill
2024-10-13 12:20:36 UTC
Post by Byker
Post by Skeeter
says...
Post by Byker
Post by NoBody
Post by Bradley K. Sherman

| Donald Trump is making it clear: He doesn't want a second
| debate, regardless of which network is hosting.
| His refusal to debate, even on the friendly territory of
| Fox News, suggests he is unwilling to risk the
| unpredictability of a head-to-head contest with the vice
| president in the final weeks of the campaign. Harris has
| said she's open to another matchup.
<https://www.politico.com/news/2024/10/09/trump-harris-debate-no-rematch-00183179>
--bks
He's too old and too feeble.
That would THIRD debate.
Kamela had her opportunity to accept a debate on Fox the first time
and refused.
With good reason, because Trump had *already* agreed to a debate on ABC.
So she did it because Trump did?
She did it because that's what the agreement specified. Why did Trump want to
chickenshit out of it? Why did he chickenshit out of his interview on "60
Minutes"? Why does Trump *always* chickenshit his way through life?
BAAAAK bakbakbak baCOCK!

Governor Swill
2024-10-13 12:16:39 UTC
Post by Byker
Post by NoBody
Post by Bradley K. Sherman

| Donald Trump is making it clear: He doesn't want a second
| debate, regardless of which network is hosting.
| His refusal to debate, even on the friendly territory of
| Fox News, suggests he is unwilling to risk the
| unpredictability of a head-to-head contest with the vice
| president in the final weeks of the campaign. Harris has
| said she's open to another matchup.
<https://www.politico.com/news/2024/10/09/trump-harris-debate-no-rematch-00183179>
--bks
He's too old and too feeble.
That would THIRD debate.
Kamela had her opportunity to accept a debate on Fox the first time
and refused.
With good reason, because Trump had *already* agreed to a debate on ABC.
Exactly. He was trying to propose a Fox debate at the same time as he was
running from the ABC debate.

Finally he agreed to the ABC, Harris mopped the floor with him and now that
she's expressed willingness for a third debate, Trump can't run away from it
fast enough.

NoBody
2024-10-12 13:48:45 UTC

And Bradley the lying troll has fled.
Charlie Glock
2024-10-12 20:21:38 UTC
Post by NoBody
Post by NoBody
Post by Bradley K. Sherman

| Donald Trump is making it clear: He doesn't want a second
| debate, regardless of which network is hosting.
| His refusal to debate, even on the friendly territory of
| Fox News, suggests he is unwilling to risk the
| unpredictability of a head-to-head contest with the vice
| president in the final weeks of the campaign. Harris has
| said she's open to another matchup.
<https://www.politico.com/news/2024/10/09/trump-harris-debate-no-rematch-00183179>
--bks
He's too old and too feeble.
That would THIRD debate.
Kamela had her opportunity to accept a debate on Fox the first time
and refused.
Did Kamela accept the invitation for this debate? The answer is no.
Your hypocrisy is showing.
And Bradley the lying troll has fled.
Kremlin Girl / Bit of Nothingness petulantly and childishly whines again that
she's being ignored by her intellectual superiors.

Kremlin Girl / Bit of Nothingness sees *every one* of these.
Walz Fried Chicken
2024-10-14 02:04:34 UTC
FARIBAULT, Minn. — An Iowa man is facing multiple felonies after a rear-end crash that left multiple people hurt on I-35, and an unborn baby dead last August. Authorities accuse the semi driver of visiting sex websites during his drive that day, and sending a message two minutes before the crash occurred.

Joel Adam Sassmann, 52, was charged for causing the August 2023 crash in Rice County. At about 12:20 p.m. cars on the interstate were slowed down for construction. Officials said Sassmann, driving a semi, drove into the slowed cars causing a chain reaction of crashes involving five vehicles.

According to the criminal complaint, the first vehicle hit had two passengers in the front seats and three young children in the back seats. The front passenger was 31 weeks pregnant and suffered life-threatening injuries. The baby died at the hospital as a result of the crash.

When an officer saw Sassmann's phone, court documents state there was a "semi nude photo of a female" on the screen. When his phone was examined, it was found he had visited a sex chat website and sent multiple messages while driving that day. The criminal complaint states that the last message was sent two minutes before the crash.

Authorities say there were signs alerting drivers of construction starting 9.75 miles ahead of when lanes merged, among other construction warning signs. The weather that day was also clear and dry. After the crash Sassmann told a trooper "everything just stopped," the criminal complaint states.

Sassmann's first court appearance is scheduled for December.

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/crime/semi-driver-accused-looking-sex-websites-i-35-crash-left-multiple-hurt-unborn-baby-dead/89-1b3ff7fe-fb50-4597-9bc5-3db95b482588
Nikola
2024-10-14 02:29:23 UTC
In article <***@remailer.frell.eu.org>

Walz Fried Chicken
2024-10-14 05:27:54 UTC
via Washington County Sheriff's Office

Woodbury police have arrested a 19-year-old man who allegedly physically abused his six-month-old daughter, causing multiple serious injuries.

Authorities say the investigation began on the morning of Sept. 24, 2024, when a Washington County Child Protection Services social worker alerted a Woodbury Police Department detective to the report of abuse involving the infant.

The social worker had gone to meet the victim and her mother at a local hospital after receiving the report. According to court documents, the victim sustained a fractured femur, a broken wrist and multiple fractured vertebrae. Doctors described the injuries as indicative of child abuse.

The investigation revealed the infant was left in the care of her father, Amir Taquarius Oglesby, 19, at their Woodbury apartment. On Sept. 23, the mother returned home from work at around 4:50 p.m. and noticed that the infant appeared distressed and did not respond to her as usual. When she picked up the child, she cried out in pain, prompting the mother to take her to the hospital after observing swelling in her leg and foot.

On Sept. 25, detectives interviewed Oglesby at the residence. He told investigators that on the afternoon of Sept. 23, he picked up the victim from her bassinet and noticed her right leg was folded behind her left leg. He admitted that he might have moved her too quickly and noticed that her knee looked "weird" and "didn't look right," the documents said. Oglesby also acknowledged to investigators that he has a history of being “rough” with the victim, despite previous warnings to be more gentle.

Regarding the infant’s wrist injury, Oglesby admitted that he had picked her up by one arm, a practice he was advised against. He recalled feeling a "pop" in her wrist a few days earlier but did not report it to the mother. As for the vertebrae fractures, Oglesby claimed that the family dog might have jumped on the victim, but he also admitted to setting her down roughly on previous occasions.

Detectives consulted with hospital doctors about the victim's injuries. They reported that the femur fracture was an impacted break above the knee, consistent with excessive force. The wrist injury was described as being more likely caused by a yanking motion. Additionally, doctors dismissed the explanation of the vertebrae injuries being caused by a dog, noting a lack of corresponding scratches or other marks on the skin. The vertebrae fractures were estimated to be at least two weeks old, leading doctors to diagnose the case as child physical abuse.

On Tuesday, Oct. 8, 2024, Oglesby was taken into custody by Woodbury police and transported to the Washington County Jail, where he remains in custody. He faces a felony charge of malicious punishment of a child, punishable by a sentence of up to five years.

Oglesby made his initial appearance on the charge Wednesday, Oct. 9, where bail was set at $30,000 without conditions or $1,000 conditions, including no contact with the victim, remaining law-abiding and no firearm or weapon possession. His next court date is set for Nov. 20.

https://www.mncrime.com/latest/woodbury-man-accused-of-severe-abuse-of-infant-daughter
Walz Fried Chicken
2024-10-14 06:32:08 UTC
via Hennepin County Sheriff's Office

A 29-year-old man has been sentenced to 6œ years in prison for his role in a Minneapolis shootout that left off-duty firefighter Joseph Johns dead.

Marquise Trevone Hammonds-Ford, of Monticello, entered a guilty plea on Oct. 1, 2024, for one count of prohibited possession of a firearm.

As part of the plea, more serious charges of first-degree riot resulting in death and possession of a machine gun were dismissed.

Hammonds-Ford’s sentence was an upward departure from the guidelines, though still significantly lower than the maximum allowed, with the court citing the seriousness of his actions—specifically, firing a weapon multiple times in a crowded area.

While forensic evidence showed that Hammonds-Ford did not fire the bullet that killed Johns, investigators determined that he played a significant role in the incident by shooting into the air over a group of people, which escalated the confrontation into a deadly exchange of gunfire. It occurred near a bar in the northernmost section of the Seward neighborhood early Sunday, May 5, 2024.

Officers later found 63 bullet casings near the scene and determined seven different guns had been used in the gunfight.

The criminal complaint noted that investigation into the other suspects responsible for Johns’ death is ongoing.

Johns served as a firefighter in Eden Prairie and Eagan and was off-duty at the time. He had been at a nearby bar for a private party. Johns was attempting to direct traffic during the incident when he was struck by a bullet. Witnesses confirmed that he was not involved in any of the altercation leading up to the shootout.

https://www.mncrime.com/latest/man-sentenced-for-minneapolis-gunfight-that-killed-off-duty-firefighter
Black Crime Every Day
2024-10-14 22:56:08 UTC
MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Violent rapists have walked free for decades because Memphis authorities neglected to do anything with thousands of pieces of evidence that would lock them up.

But earlier this year, after hundreds of cases began moving through courts again, Memphis City Council members stopped getting regular updates on their progress.

The rape kit backlog has caused the Criminal Justice Center to be slammed with cases that should have been on the docket years, if not decades, ago.

One of those cases includes Terrell Jackson. He stood before a judge Tuesday after police arrested the registered sex offender in Louisiana.

A jury recently convicted him of violently raping a young woman in Memphis in 1998. Jackson requested a new attorney for another rape charge he’s facing.

Jackson walked free all this time, because MPD never did anything with the key evidence.

That’s right — the sexual assault kit wasn’t processed until 16 years later.

It was one of 12,000 kits police left on a shelf to collect dust until WREG exposed the massive backlog in 2010.

“I woke up to somebody standing over me. I thought, I’m dreaming. I’m really going crazy,” said Terilyn Blockman, who was raped in her apartment in 1991.

“Next thing I knew, he had his hand over my face. He was strangling me. I was trying to peel his hand off me. I thought, if I don’t get this hand off of me, I’m going to die. I’m suffocating,” she said.

Blockman said the man then raped her and took off. He left her numb, just lying there as she tried to gain the courage to call 911.

“I’ve got to call police. If he still is somewhere in my condominium, I don’t want to call police, because what if he comes in and says, ‘You’re not calling police’ and kills me,” she said. “I never slept. I don’t remember sleeping at all. I still don’t sleep.”

Terilyn Blockman

Blockman consented to a sexual assault examination, and evidence was collected, but she didn’t hear anything until May when she found out her kit was in that backlog and was finally headed to a lab.

“All of the kits have been tested. Now, the work turns to investigating those cases where the testing lead us somewhere,” Shelby County District Attorney Amy Weirich said .

Weirich said she’s added more people to her team as their work continues to ramp up.

“That next step is anything from locating a victim or finding out if the victim is still alive. Finding out if the defendant, the suspect, is still alive,” she said.

As of Oct. 25, there have been 83 guilty pleas or convictions.

Three hundred fifty-one kits made their way to the court system — two dozen await a grand jury, 88 await trial and 46 of the cases are dealing with a suspect accused of at least two or more rapes.

“The number is going to keep growing. The cases that land on our desk to prosecute and hold these defenders accountable,” said Weirich.

WREG investigators promised to track the progress, but the city, in spite of its commitment to transparency, made that job harder.

For the past several years, city leaders provided updates on the backlog to the council every month — that is, until April, when we found out those updates suddenly stopped.

We asked council members why.

“We got to a point that our responsibility with those kits had run its course. Now, it is in the hands of the justice system,” said Councilman Worth Morgan. “The reports all started sounding the same.”

We asked Councilman Martavious Jones about accountability.

“Well, I think there’s one of those things. There is an expectation. You do raise a good point. I guess we need to go through the trust then verify,” he responded.

WREG sat down with Deborah Clubb, executive director of the Memphis Area Women’s Council. She’s on the sexual assault kit task force overseeing the backlog.

“The council decided they don’t need monthly reports, after they were sure for a few years the momentum of lab work was underway,” Clubb said.

She said the task force has made major strides with new ordinances/laws, public service announcements and getting MPD a new storage facility.

“We have a few years of work, and we’re not giving up. We’re not stopping,” she said.

But again, how will we know if that work isn’t being made public?

“We do have concerns that the public isn’t seeing what progress is happening. We are just beginning to address that,” she said.

Blockman was frustrated to hear the updates stopped.

“Not letting us know what’s going on with the kits and not keeping us informed, that’s not fair. That’s not right,” she said.

She also wonders what about the rape kits taken since the backlog.

MPD says they ensure each kit now heads to a lab within 96 hours after its logged into the property and evidence room.

But the state has said the waiting period could be months due to funding and staffing issues.

Not to mention, the TBI says they “do not have an existing document or database tracking the total number of sexual assault kit submissions.”

“That upsets me a lot,” said Blockman.

She believes her concerns will eventually fade, once trust is built again.

“Are you afraid they’re going to forget about you again?” WREG asked.

“Yes. That scares me a lot,” she said.

Blockman said she has a meeting coming up with investigators, so she’s keeping a good thought. She also joined a class action lawsuit against the city.

The task force told WREG Tuesday they plan on having another update on the city’s website by the end of the year. We will let you know if that happens.

https://wreg.com/news/city-council-halts-updates-on-rape-kits-as-cases-ramp-up-in-court/